I've been waiting 2 years to turn 22! Well 22 years actually, but I didn't care much for turning this age until the infamous Taylor Swift song was released. It seems that in the blogging community it's common to publish posts on your birthday about the things you've learned and the goals you've managed to accomplish.
While scrolling through my Bloglovin feed I found that Megan from the Artistic Brunette has also recently turned 22, which she talks about in her 22 Pieces of Wisdom Post. As of 1:47 PM today I am 22 years old, but I am nowhere near wise. I decided to do a twist on the everyday birthday post and list the things I still haven't quite figured out by 22.
Please don't judge me, I was a strange child that has grown into a very strange adult...and also, enjoy the photos of me during my awkward years.
2. That unsubscribing from a newsletter is much easier than being annoyed every day when I receive another unwanted email.
3. How to file taxes. I'd need a job for that, "Helloooo postgrad unemployment slump!"
4. How to properly paint my nails.
5. While pulling an all nighter might still get me an A, it's not worth the stress of that last hour before the paper is due.
6. How to change a tire, or pump gas, or any of those basic life skills. I just have never had an interest in anything car related.
7. How to curl my hair, even though I've seen about 200 YouTube tutorials!
8. How to properly use Twitter. The best I can do is hash tag a few words.
9. Saving money without the intention of spending it on something. Save for the future? Nahh, I much rather buy this adorable notebook from the dollar section at Target.
10. The importance of flossing. Sorry Dr.Kondo.
11. How to walk in heels. How to stand in heels basically. (I swear to God I types hells instead of heels both times, either I'm stupid or that meant something.)
12. How to run into an ex boyfriend without being awkward. I'll just hide in the children's section until I'm he's left the store. (True story.)
|who is this baby and why was I holding him?|
14. How to take things slow. Whether I'm binge watching a show, reading a book in one sitting or burning my tongue on a slice of pizza, everything has always been a race to me.
15. The art of getting dumped gracefully. I'm kinda crazy, like full voice mail inbox kinda crazy.
16. How to look genuinely happy when someone tells me to smile in a photo. I just cant be happy on command, okay!
17. I suck at video games. As in, I have trouble getting past level one. Blame my mom for pushing books on us.
18. How to keep in touch with friends. I just suck at texting people on a regular basis and keeping up with other's lives in general.
19. How to say no to a good sale, even if I haven more than enough clothes. I.e. Forever 21 Veterans Day Sale!
20. To not trust my computer and back up my files. I cant count the number of times I've lost my entire music collection.
21. How to barbecue. In my opinion, you're not an adult until you can barbecue.
22. I haven't exactly figured out what my next step is, in regards to where I want to attend grad school, where I want to live and what exactly I want to do with my life.
When I thought of this blog post I thought it would be simple enough, but as I got halfway through I had trouble coming up with things to list. I may not have it all figured out, but as a new 22 year old, I think I've experienced more than most people my age. College, moving much too far from home, traveling Europe and endless heartbreaks have taught me a lot about myself. Now if I could only muster up the motivation to get that driver's license!